Claude Monet

This is the same scene painted a few times to

The artist I have chosen is Claude Monet. Claude Monet was a French artist who was born in 1840 in Paris, and he died on the 5th of December 1926 in Giverny (France). He was an impressionist artist and he was inspired by nature, Monet was famous for painting the same scene many times in order to capture the changing of light and the changing of season. There is a garden in France called Monet’s Garden which he helped to design, you can still visit the gardens today. The painting I have chosen is the Japanese Bridge which he has painted many times.

By Dara.

4 thoughts on “Claude Monet

1. Dear Dara,
    I enjoyed listening about Claude Monet. At first I had no idea who Claude Monet was but after your presentation, I know all about him. In fact I learned that he made many pictures of the same thing, in different seasons.

From Remy

2. Dear Dara,
    That is a good picture you chose. I did not know about Claude Monet but now l know that he paints his pictures over and over again. I like the bright colours of the picture.Well done to you.
    From Rohan

3. Dear Dara
    I have learnt a lot of things about Claude Monet.
    I like the way that Claude Monet painted the Japanese Bridge 3 times. I think you have chosen a great artist. Great job Dara
    From Rosie

4. Dear Dara,
    I really like how you put three pictures on the blog. I never new about Claude Monet but now I do. Great picture Dara.
    From Michael